Protector Aluminium balustrade is available in a variety of styles and profiles to suit any taste. Black is the popular off the shelf option. A large range of colours can be easily ordered through Bunnings Special Orders.
1 year warranty
Available in Black off the shelf
Any colour (almost!) available for Custom Orders
Designed and manufactured to Australian & NZ Standards
How to Install Balustrades?
Josh and Jenna show you how to install a Balustrade, the product shown is available off the shelf in black.
- Generally balustrading must be used around any level surface/deck more than 1m above ground level, you can check specific regulations with your local council.
- When ordering custom panels, consider different shaped rails (round, oval, square, rectangular).
- Remember, remove all packaging including plastic film.
- Exposure to moisture or direct sunlight with packaging or plastic film in place may void warranty.
Need more info? Check out our most frequently asked questions.
Balustrade is required for any decking, patio, verandas that is higher than 1 metre off the ground
Balustrade is designed and manufactured to exceed the mandatory Australian Standards and Building Codes for Australia and is required for any decking, patio, veranda higher than 1 metre off the ground and can be used to a height of up to 4 metres. Please check with your local council for any additional local requirements. Balustrade is required to be stronger than boundary or pool fencing as it is the only barrier to prevent balcony accidents.
Ulti-M8 heavy gauge aluminium pickets for ultra-strength core are used in Protector balustrade panels. The shorter spans provide a strong, easy to install balustrade solution. It is light, strong and durable so won’t rust or rot. Our aluminium balustrade is designed and manufactured to exceed AS1170 and must be installed correctly to provide suitable rigidity.
Protector Aluminium will be able to design and manufacture your balustrade so it will comply with both standards. Please contact your local Bunnings Special Orders Team Member.
Yes. Our balustrade is designed and manufactured to exceed AS1170 and is the first aluminium balustrade to achieve CodeMark certification. We use heavy gauge aluminium and shorter spans to provide a strong, easy to install balustrade solution. Please note that balustrade must be installed correctly to provide suitable rigidity – please refer to our install guide and your local council for specifics.
Yes. We can manufacture various designs and colours upon request. You also have the option of different handrails.
New Zealand CodeMark Certification is available for any pool or balustrade manufactured between 17th June 2014 and 17th June 2020.* CodeMark Certified Australia – Valid for any Pool or Balustrade System manufactured between September 2014 – December 14 2020. PCME compliant after the above dates. Manufacturing date stamp can be located on the underside of the top rail.
Not suitable for use as a pool barrier. Contact your Bunnings Special Orders desk to order custom made panels.
- Panels: 2000mm wide (including fixed post) x 1010mm high
- Corner Posts: 50mm x 50mm x 1010mm flanged bottom – sleeved top (90˚)
- End Posts: 50mm x 50mm x 1010mm flanged bottom – sleeved top (1-way)
- 19 pickets per panel
- Pickets – 16mm x 1.6mm tube
- 98.6mm space between picket centres
- Top Rail – 50mm x 25mm
- Bottom Rail – 38mm x 25mm
- Post – 50mm x 50mm
- Base Plate – 100mm x 100mm x 8mm